Iowa State Campanile
Click for larger version

Iowa State Campanile

Item #ISU001

Edward Stanton wanted to establish a monument to his deceased wife, Margaret MacDonald Stanton, the first Dean of Women, so all students and friends of Iowa State would remember her.  He decided to purchase and have installed a chime of 10 bells, each with an inscription, in a detached tower on Central Campus.  Construction began in 1897 and was completed in 1898.  The final cost was $6,510.20 and the Campanile stood 110 feet tall and its main shaft was 16 feet square.  Additional bells have been added over the years, and in 1967, a 50th bell was added.

This high quality, signed print is from a charcoal and graphite. The image size is 7 ½” x 10 ½”.  Conservation mat available. When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU001           Iowa State Campanile Print              $30  


#ISU001M          Iowa State Campanile Matted          $50


Central Campus at Iowa State University Print
Click for larger version

Central Campus at Iowa State University Print

Item #ISU002

This image shows Iowa State’s central campus from the roof of Beardshear Hall, a birds-eye view of one of the most beautiful campuses in the country.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 16 1/4” x 6”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 10” x 20” frame (not included.)

#ISU002           Central Campus Print                      $30  


#ISU002M          Central Campus Matted                   $50


Memorial Union Print
Click for larger version

Memorial Union Print

Item #ISU003

Built in 1927 as a memorial to those who lost their lives in World War I, Memorial Union serves as a central meeting place for students and faculty to gather for social events.  The Gold Star Hall is Iowa State’s monument to its fallen soldiers from World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq.  In World War I, when a family had a son or daughter in the service, they displayed a card with a blue star in their window.  When a life was lost, the blue star was changed to gold - hence the name Gold Star Hall.  

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU003           Memorial Union Print              $30  


#ISU003M          Memorial Union Matted         $50


Beardshear Hall
Click for larger version

Beardshear Hall

Item #ISU004

When construction was completely finished in 1908, the total cost of Beardshear Hall, originally named Central Building, was at just over $400,000.   In 1938, Central Building was renamed Beardshear Hall after William M. Beardshear who was president of the college from 1891 to 1902.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU004           Beardshear Hall Print                 $30  


#ISU004M          Beardshear Hall Matted            $50


Marston Hall
Click for larger version

Marston Hall

Item #ISU005

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983, Marston Hall was originally dedicated as Engineering Hall in 1903.  The building was renamed in 1947 for Anston Marston, the first Dean of Engineering.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU005           Marston Hall Print                            $30  


#ISU005M          Marston Hall Matted                        $50


Curtiss Hall
Click for larger version

Curtiss Hall

Item #ISU006

Originally called Agriculture Hall, Curtiss Hall was originally planned to be built 100 feet west of the current location, but the plans were changed after opposition was voiced to placing a building in the center of the beautiful campus lawn.  The building was renamed Curtiss Hall in 1947 for Charles F. Curtiss, long-time Dean of Agriculture.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU006           Curtiss Hall Print                            $30  


#ISU006M          Curtiss Hall Matted                       $50


Morrill Hall Print
Click for larger version

Morrill Hall Print

Item #ISU007

Built in 1890, Morrill Hall was constructed to fill the need for a library and museum, as well as a chapel. Named after Sen. Justin Morrill, who had sponsored the Morrill bill, which had established the land-grant college system, Morrill Hall was built at a cost of less than $30,000.  Vacant since 1996, a $10 million privately funded renovation has just been completed.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU007           Morrill Hall Print                  $30


#ISU007M          Morrill Hall Matted              $50


Catt Hall Print
Click for larger version

Catt Hall Print

Item #ISU008

Built in 1892, Catt Hall was built to allow a team of horses to be driven in, unload horticultural supplies into the basement, and drive out the other side. The building also included a livestock room where live farm animals were brought in to be studied.  

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU008           Catt Hall Print                            $30  


#ISU008M          Catt Hall Matted                        $50


Alumni Hall Print
Click for larger version

Alumni Hall Print

Item #ISU009

Commonly called the YMCA Building for many years, Alumni Hall was built in 1904.  It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

This high quality, signed print is from a graphite drawing.  The image size is 10 ½” x 7 ½”.  Conservation mat available.  When matted, it is suitable for a standard 11” x 14” frame (not included.)

#ISU009           Alumni Hall Print                  $30  


#ISU009M          Alumni Hall Matted              $50  


  
 

 


 

©2008 Pammcginnis.com. All Rights Reserved.
Maintained by Websites to Impress, Carroll, Iowa